RE: FMU's ---> was: Injectors

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 20:38:42 EDT

>From what Vortech explained, it's 12 parts fuel to 1 part air. Not
pressure. I've watched the fuel pressure under boost conditions and it
ranges from +1psi - +25psi on the 12:1 and from +1psi - +20psi. And,
there's no return line on our systems so it can't get back to the tank.
They use the inline pump as a pseudo-return (a loop actually) that isn't all
that efficient...i'm having a 1/16" return line fabricated to avoid "vapor
locking" the fuel lines. Yes, this happens even on FI systems when there's
no return line. The fuel line gets hot and it vaporizes the fuel...causing
air bubbles which really plays nastys on the injectors.

- Bernd