URGENT transgo help needed!!

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 21:49:10 EDT

Oh my, I was installing the transgo kit and I followed the instructions and
everything. Everything is back on and we go for a test drive and put it in
"D" and it dies. find out later... it starts in 3rd gear now!!! pull it
down to 1st and it'll just lock up the tires (like it's in park)

I did the install as per the instructions except for 3 things.

1) on step 4, it says "lube/converter flow" make dink and drill here. I
somehow forgot to do that.

2)and on the "valve body assembly page" i forgot to install a tapered
bushing into the hole with the 4th accumulator piston.

3) we didn't notch the valve body 3/8 of an inch wide 1/2 way in. Didn't
understand why, or how deep and transgo's service DIDN'T pickup for about 2
minutes of ringing...

For the kit itself... here it goes.
-got the manual valve in (guy at tranny shop says it's for 1st and Reverse
only
-reinstalled all the check balls in the correct positions.
-grounded down that 4 land switch valve.
-grinded the TV valve stem down to more of 3/8 an inch instead of the book's
1/8 of an inch
-installed the orange spring as the book says do on gas engines, and
installed that blue spring in ther also...
-as for the plate drilling, we only drilled the 1-2 shift firmness to .093
and the 2-3 was already bigger than the .093 drill bit so we left it.
-installed that supplied resistor but it didn't do anything. Finally
snipped it off because we thought it was the culprit. nothing...

Everything bolted back up, seperator plates were cleaned and then dried..
and now those symptoms occur. I have also received a check engine light and
got a code 12 and 45.

I have no clue what's wrong, but the trucks at my buddy's house and we'll
probably take the valve body out again tomorrow to redo the things we
missed. BUT... would that make my truck act like this? Will that "manual
valve" make me start off in 3rd? I'd rather put back in my stock valve to
have it shift automatically. PLEASE HELP...
-Dester