Possible Ford Recall

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 23:50:51 EDT

Did you folks read the latest about Ford and the possibility of forcing Ford
to recall vehicles that had its ignition device located in the wrong place.
The ignition device also known as the TFI (isn't that just a fancy acronym
for a coil?) was mounted on the engine block next to the distributor. This
made the device prone to failure because of engine heat. Now, correct me if
I'm wrong but isn't my stock coil mounted on the engine block right next to
the exhaust manifold. Hmmmmm....might fishy if you ask me. The judge in
that case said since this case goes back to the 1980's he could do one of
three things, 1) ask Ford to remount the device off the engine, 2) ask Ford
to replace the device with a 1999-2000 device, 3) force Ford to buy back the
vehicle.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile