Re: Mobil 1 synthetic for automatic transmission?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 09:57:08 EDT

> I just got a '94 Dakota. I was wondering if it would be safe to use
> sythetic oil in the engine, automatic transmission, transfer case, and
> axles.

Dont run anything except 7176 compatible ATF in that tcase, or you will have
4WD engagement problems. The NP231 requires ATF+3 7176 Fluid. Amsoil makes a
synthetic fluid which iss ATF+3 compliant. Without a doubt use synthetic in
the differentials, I am running Amsoil 75W90 in both.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6