Re: I always knew my 3.9 was much faster than those little 4.7s!

From: Scott Miller (fastdak@superpa.net)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 13:47:23 EDT

> <<
> I wouldn't say that too loud. Scott Miller's 6er runs 16 flat, which
> isn't far behind a 4.7 4x4. An all he's done is K&N and a muffler.
>

> He knows how to run a good quarter too. Plus I'm sure he had slicks on
it.
> Boog

here was the deal, I went 15.86 @ 84mph at mason dixon back in march. All I
had was a K*N, and a rhino dual exhaust system. No posi rear, no SLICKS, I
had sucky street tires, and had a good launch, and some hard shifting. I'm
sure it would be a little quicker, but I have to shift into fourth gear at
the end. It's hits the rev limiter right before the finish line if I leave
it in 3rd. 4th gear is the down fall of the truck.

later

Scott Miller
89 Shelby Dakota #322 - 360 C.I. V8 (12.56 @ 110 mph) "FASTDAK"
94 Dakota Sport - 3.9 V6 5-Speed (15.86 @ 84 mph)