Re: Re: Re: Painting Plastic 101

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 23:32:42 EDT

> Kyle, it's not ABS, it's PVC. Commonly called DWV for Drain, Waste,
Vent
> pipe. I can't beleive that any plumbing place would be out of all their
black
> PVC. If you want I can get the stuff here and ship it to you. Let me know
if
> you want me to do that. (Or did you already get the white stuff??)

Yeah I called like a total of 20 places, and asked if they sold any kind of
black 3" pipe, PVC or ABS. No place had it, in stock atleast. I ended up
buying the white PVC and just finished sanding all the imperfections and
ridges off. I thought I would stop there for tonight, but I ended up doing
more than I planned on doing, hehe. I sanded the whole thing down actually,
to get ride of the glossy surface and so the spray paint can adhere better.
I hung it up and sprayed a light first coat on it. I plan on put 3-4 coats
on it. If it holds up then I will be happy, but if not I have only like $15
invested in the pipe, paint, and elbows. I will just see how the paint holds
up and if it starts to look bad then I may take you up on the offer for some
black pipe. I live in Indiana, and just wonder if the black pipe is only
commonly used in certain portions of the country. Oh well. Thanks again, I
will letcha know in a fefw months, or maybe even weeks!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6