RE: Mods and factory warranty

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 14:23:41 EDT

Mods affect the factory warranty only insofar as the mod itself is the cause
of the failure. SEMA states that a manufacturer cannot void a vehicle
warranty because it has aftermarket parts on it. You still need to be
careful with mods though because your state may have laws which prohibit
some mods, e.g., emissions certifiable mods (in Calif the mod must have a
CARB number (Calif Air Resources Board)). Sometimes a problem exists where
it could potentially be the fault of the mod. If you have the original
stock setup it would be beneficial (and probably save you a lot of grief) to
put that back on the vehicle before taking it to your dealer. I have a ton
of mods on and haven't had a problem yet....knock on hood!

HTH,
Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile