Re: Need Help Buying a Car Stereo

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 18:39:51 EDT

Give your thanks to chrysler, We have a din and 1/2 unit and if you want a
CD player AND A cassette in one unit. You actually have very limited
options.

I believe Jensen makes a din and 1/2 unit. has CD and cassette in it, but
it looks a little cheesy. I've seen them at wal-mart for about under 300
bucks. You might want to try that if you're looking for a fairly priced
unit.

As for door speakers, and their wattage. Not too much. If you keep the
volume on your new unit down, it should last.

As far as install goes, I didn't catch which gen. dak you have, but 97+
dakotas are easy to remove and replace the head unit. just pull the dash
part off. 2-10mm bolts hold the player in place and pull some plugs on the
back and it's out.
-Dester