Re: Wanting gen III wheels for gen II ????? help

From: Brian Lee (brian7910@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 02:13:07 EDT

I'm in digest mode, so I'm just catching up(lots of thermo homework..).
Anyhow, yup, I have the 15x8s on my 93(2wd) - but it shouldn't be that
different from the 4by.... There's two ways to do this (as far as I know) -
1. Trim the A-arms 2. Spacers

1. You can trim the A-arms. The wheels will clear the ball joints,
etc.(might hit the frame full lock, though..) It's not that much that
needs to be trimed, either - maybe 1/8" off the top of them at most. The
wheel weights(clamp on type) hit the A-arm - just barely.

2. Spacers - this is the way I went. Sometime in the future I will do
this, just haven't gotten around to it. Basically, to be on the safe side,
I had them built 1/2" out of billet aluminum. The factory wheel studs
aren't long enough, so I bought some MP ones. To use these, you have to
have the rotors drilled, because they are bigger diameter at the unthreaded
end. I had them cut so I could use stock type closed lugs. That's pretty
much it. Cost for all this? I dunno - all I paid for was the studs..it's
good to know the right people sometimes...=)

It looks GOOD, and you can't hardly tell it has spacers(the track is just a
little wider in the front than the back). Tires don't hit anything, even
at full lock(running 255/60s, btw).

Hope that helped..

Brian
waiting impatiently for the Houston meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!