Re: WOW!!! Check out this '99 Dakota!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 18:57:55 EDT

Wowsers, I guess anything can be done is the money is right. Typically, from
what I have heard and read, an IFS to solid axle swap will cost
$1,500-$2,000 for parts. I would imagine labor would be about that also. I
mean if most places want $750-$900 just to install the 91-96 TrailMaster
lift kit, then labor for swapping in a solid axle has to be in the $1,500+
range. Plus they took out the front and rear axle, so labor would have to
just go up that much more. Looks like some pretty impressive room though for
some seriously large tires. I am not sure I 100% agree with using that tall
of lift blocks in the rear. I think axle wrap would be uncontrollable. I
would rather use a smaller 2-3 inch lift block and have some leaf spring
packs made up with the rear lift built into them. Having a Dana 44 under you
Dak is great, but also having a Dana 60 is just worthy of a good drool! :)
Looks like this person really really really uses their Dak, based upon how
banged up that sheetmetal is........rock meet Dakota..........Dakota meet
rock! Money, money, money.........jaw dropping though!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6