Re: Re: Problem with power sliding rear window [Hey Terry!]

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 01:52:18 EDT

 I'm 5'10' at 160 lbs. I think I could make it. I'll have to look at one. The
reason I ask is I was sleeping in the shell aways off the highway on a trip
through Nevada this last 4th of July weekend, just me and my dog, when I woke to
my dog growling, then barking. I looked where he was orienting and I thought I
could see someone looking through the the drivers window of the cab but couldn't
be sure as it was pretty dark. The dog scared them off if someone was there but
it occured to me that, in addition to my glock, I would also rather have the
option in the future of just driving away without having to exit the vehicle.
<spooky x-files music> Especially when the potential intruder is about four feet
tall, green, and mean. </spooky x-files music> Kidding! It was in Nevada though
only about 100 miles from Area 51!

It could have been a owl perching on the mirror of the truck for a moment, I
suppose. Out in that desert the truck would have been higher than any of the
plants around and a good place for a night hunting owl to scope things out for a
half minute or so. That would also explain why the dog seemed to calm down so
quick. I think he would have reacted to the scent of a strange person more
excitedly than he did. If there had been a person out there he would have been
sniffing the ground around the door more than he did and making more noise. He
just did a quick sweep around the drivers door area then air-scented as per norm;
checking out the breeze, just a little excited, but not alarmed.

Anyway, I definitely want to get a slider now, and the electric is just too cool
to not seriously consider.

Thanks,
Marty
'00 4.7L CC w/Snugtop 'Rebel' shell