Re[2]: Dealer's drivers

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 02:56:02 EDT

Tuesday, September 05, 2000, 9:06:39 AM, you wrote:

> I'm with you on not EVER leaving your truck with a dealer.I took mine in to
> have the idle fluctuation confirmed, not fixed, and even though the motor
> quit on the guy on the way into the service bay, he still saw fit to take it
> on a 20 minute drive, with another mechanic and run the living hell out of
> it, even though I was standing right there at the service desk.I have
> friends that work up the highway a little ways from the dealer ship, and
> they saw the guys, in my truck, running the hell out of my truck.They caught
> 4th gear rubber after burning 1st, 2nd,& 3rd until they were sideways.When
> they finally came back, There was rubber hanging like icicles in my rear
> wheelwells.They confirmed that it had a funny idle, But when the mechanic
> handed me my keys back, he said "That f*$#ing 6250 rpm rev limiter sucks,
> huh?" Needles to say, I am never leaving my truck anywhere, dealer or not
> while I'm not there.In fact, If they won't let me drive it in & out of the
> service area, I won't let 'em touch it.Screw DC Service!!!

Will, was this Kingwood??? If they did that with mine I'd have my
friends file written and notarized statements to what they witnessed
and then I'd go to DC corporate and BITCH like there's no tomorow.
There is NO excuse for that crap. I would get even one way or another
even if it meant walking through the lot late one night with a key in
your hand..... they want to tear up your Dak then give them about
$2500 of paint damage to their stock. F*^KERS! Better yet, key the
a**hole mechanics personal vehicles.....

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com