preventing coffee/pop/hi-c/etc stains

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 19:34:25 EDT

I don't know if they've upgraded the cupholders in the newer trucks,
but the ones on my 97 are much more suited for holding my billfold
than for holding beverages lol. Perhaps the higher trim levels came
with better ones (my truck is base trim), I dunno - but I have got to
do something about this.

Does anyone else in here have the same problem? The ratchets
that adjust the cupholder size have gone out, and any cup/mug/can
that is placed in there promptly empties its contents on my floorboards
as soon as I turn the wheel.

I know you can get pretty good console/organizer things that sit on
the bench seat in fullsize trucks, and those have non-spill cupholders
(without any moving parts that only last a week). Problem is, I can't
find any that are made for midsize trucks. I use the dak's built-in flipdown
organizer as an armrest while driving, so those fullsize truck console
things would work great if they only made them in a smaller size (shorter).

Anyone have any recommendations?

-Kevin D.