Re: Transmission Mount Update

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@nc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 21:12:35 EDT

Talk about a co-inky-dink! I *knock on wood* solved my problem today...
went to change my oil, had the truck up on the lift.. blahblahblah... I take
a look see underneath, and damn if the crossmember bolts had backed out. I
tightened them suckas up and thus far have killed the lil man with the
hammer.

So let this be a warning to all you little men with hammers, stay outta my
truck!!!!

> Well I fixed my clunking noise problem!!! I was experiencing a clunking
when
> I accelerated from a stop, and it used to be once a week(first happened in
> January) has now turned into a daily thing. Really whenever I acceleration
> get this clunk. It even happens when I put the truck in reverse. I have
even
> noticed this noise when the tranny was changing gears! Anyways, I thought
it
> was the front driveshaft's ujoints. After inspecting them, they all
appeared
> to be rather tight and had little if any slop/play in them. Well after
> having someone on the list suggest the transmission mount, I bought
> one(thanks Jon!!) and finally had a chance to install it today. It was an
> extremely simple removal, with a mere 4 bolts needed to be removed. The
old
> mount looked BAD!!.......the rubber was dry rotted and cracked. The new
> mount is a one piece design, and when I took the old one off the truck, it
> fell apart into two halves......so it was at one time one solid piece.
Over