Tires--295-50-15 BFG Radial T/A's???

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 01:43:39 EDT

I need some tire advice.....

I'm thinking about sticking 295-50-15 tires on stock offset rims for my
2000 Dak.

Its a stock height 2wd CC. I think there is plenty of room. They are
about 1.5 inches wider in overall section width and 1.3 inches shorter in
diameter than the stock 255-65-15's...

I wish I could find some better grip out there in a big 15 inch tire but it
looks like BFG rockflights are the only choice.... At least they are
cheap!

Benefits---I get 2 inches more tread on the ground and firmer sidewalls.
Also drops the truck 3/4's of an inch.

As you may remember, I'm the autocrossing fool who also tows with his Dak.
So I'm resisting the urge to Hotchkis it and slap on trick wheels and 40
series rubber.

If anybody knows a better tire in this size, hollar!

BTW-it was a good week. This heathen survived a full Catholic mass wedding
without being struck by Lightning. This cityslicker also survived a Randy
Travis concert at the Hollyweird Bowl without being strung up by a bunch of
sh*tkicking lonestar rejects. Good thing my wife was born on Texas soil,
it helped me bridge the cultural gap.... :-)

-STE