Re: extended wheels

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 11:34:49 EDT

I think what you are referring to are the 'rollerskates' and lowriders where the
backspace/offset has been moved several inches. It has to be totally screwing
with steering geometry and bearing load. But I guess I agree with the apparent
attitude of the cops. If its not hurting anyone else then don't worry about
it. Strangely, I see very very few accidents involving lowriders and
rollerskates, and I see a lot of accidents around here. Then again these guys
usually drive extremely carefully; sometimes 5-10 below the limit and so maybe
its not so strange they are in few accidents. As for the wear and tear on the
car parts; its none of our business, unless we own a Checker franchise, this it
would be great business and ours!