Re: RE: DML Digest V4 #2479

From: AlexNReed (alexreed@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 12:59:59 EDT

I got mine from Nalley, I live near Gainesville and the trek down for service is
a pain. I have been to Hayes a few times for service, it seems to be different
every visit, one time- great service, the next it sucks. Go figure. I also agree
with the comment on the sales crew, my salesman told me "$100 over invoice, no
problem" and I ordered the truck. It came in and all of a sudden "I never agreed
to $100 over" I even talked to the salesmans boss and he was like "Ha, a $100
over invoice, that does not even cover cleaning or advertising cost" to which I
replied "you are not advertising is it, I ordered the damn thing and am here to
pick it up, or at least I was" he didnt like that. So we talked and worked out a
deal that made me happy. I go into the finance office to sign the paper work and
he print the contract up, handing me a lease contract! I was blown away,"I dont
want to lease it" I told the finane guy. Then back accross the street to find
out what the hell the salesman and his boss were thinking. They tell me the only
way they can sell me the truck for that price and payment is to lease it. Which
shocked me since I told them from the get go that I was going to buy, and had no
interest in leasing. I ended up taking the truck anyway, not at the price they
wanted to sell it to me, but not at $100 over either. I did get a free cd/cass.
indash trown in the deal, with a bedliner at cost and a custom exhaust at cost.
So to end this story, I would buy from Nalley again, but only with finance guy,
he is the one who went to bat for me, even getting the cd upgrade. I guess it is
in who you know, and dont forget cash money. That really sucked, this brought
back some bad dealer memories, exuse me while I cry.

Alex -- I have to take my pills now.