RE: Re: Towing ? Please Help - Kevin...

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 08:43:01 EDT

I thought the daks have "self adjusting" clutches, with
no serviceable adjustments?

Speaking of clutches, what kind of life expectancy have people
found on their clutches? I've got 62k on mine, and generally
speaking it is in good shape. The pedal disengages in pretty
much the same position it did when it was new (I guess this is
a good sign? although it disengages in the top portion of pedal
movement). The only real problem I've had with it is that it
slips when climbing up long steep grades, just enough to smell
it. But then again, I like to mash the accelerator through the
floorboard to see what she can do on those hills lol.

-Kevin
97 cc V6 5sp