News For Shelby Dakota Owners (fwd)

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 11:14:56 EDT

  This was sent to me by David Salamone, who asked me to forward it to
the DML in case any Shelby Dak owners are interested:

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'

> After a tremendous amount of work (and a few obstacles) I'm proud to
>announce that the 1989 Shelby Dakota stripe packages are finally in
>production. I've been working on them for quite a while trying to get
>everything perfect. It's the most elaborate & detailed repro stripe package
>I've ever taken on. Due to it's immense size & complexity my initial cost
of
>producing it is about 5 times the usual.
>
> While working on the retail price for the package I researched the
>current list prices of what the 89 Shelby Dakota package would go for at
the
>dealer. The downside is that is they do not have all the pieces available.
>
> The largest piece, the bedside decal on the passenger side has been NS1
>(unavailable) for over 4 years now. It's the "holy grail" of SD decals and
>it's too complicated to have a regular decal shop cut one a single
>replacement. Due to that, there's alot of naked Shelby Dakota's running
>around.
>
> The total list price from the dealer for all pieces (except for the air
>cleaner) came out to 993.00. This would be IF the p/s bedside was still
>available and was priced the same as the driver side (125.00 each). If you
>figure in local sales tax (say 6% for example) that adds on 59.58 to total
>up to 1052.58. OUCH!!!
>
> Now for the better news, the price of my repro package. In order to
>stimulate a solid amount of initial sales (and so I can cover my initial
out
>of pocket investment) I'm going to provide non-procrastinating customers a
>healthy price break. Does 100.00 off sound healthy enough?
>
> For the first 60 days that they're available you save 100.00 off the
>regular price. The retail price for the complete package includes decals
for
>the fenders, doors, hood, tailgate & air cleaner (all but the windshield
>decal) for 550.00. To reward those who buy it during the first 60 days,
it's
>only 450.00. My goal is to sell at least 20 sets during this sale period.
>
> The quality of flawless. I've improved the sizing on some pieces to
make
>them install straighter (and easier). Unlike some of the factory pieces, it
>will be screen printed from a single sheet which means that all the colors
>will match perfectly. The set will also feature a special UV coating to
>protect it from sunlight and buffing. I'm also including a detailed
>installation guide with color placement photographs.
>
> This debut run of 100 sets is being printed now will be available in
>about 45 days. I'll have more specific production updates posted on the
SDML