Re: tire pressure for 255/65-15

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 11:27:12 EDT

I have the Goodyear LS 255-65-15's

I run 40 psi in them all around in normal driving.

46psi front
28 psi rear
when I autocross the truck.

I will put the rears to 44 when I tow or haul a really heavy load.

Even at 40 they sag under load. Really weak sidewalls. Really weak tires
in general.

And since they are an odd size they are expensive to replace. Remember
275-60-15 are the identical diameter and fit fine. The will stick out of
the wheelwells 3/8 of an inch more than stock.