RE: Warrenty Work

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 16:15:10 EDT

Expect to pay the first 50.00 and the rest is covered under warranty. If
left over night they must provide (reading my clause) an similar vehicle or
better for you.

I know how you feel on leaving the vehicle with anyone. I called the truck
"WILMA" after the Flintstone cartoon.

When time for maintenance work I call the service rep in my area and tell
him I will be dropping off Wilma and expect no dings, scratches, or 100
miles added to the mileage. They laugh at first but get the message when
they see me in person. Hint!

But the greatest threat to any man or woman truck is the other half. On
Saturday, returning from LA area (Dana Hills), my better half open the
passenger door and smack it against the driveway built-in basketball hoop
pole. I almost had a heartache when I heard it crunched. I jumped out
immediately and as that I have a small ding in the door. I said nothing
fearing I will do something drastic to her car. Being a former Recon
Marine, I still have that training motto maimed, kill, and destroy life (mow
it down and allow nothing to live). Now Wilma has three small dings on the
door. Oh well! Now I have to remove them from the door from by using her
monthly allowance. Looking at her 99 Chebby, I could count the scratches,
small dings, never seemed to be washed, scratched alloy wheels (against
known curbs), and other mishaps. I just shrug and throw my hand up in air
and walk away quickly. But with a SMILE...

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC