Re: Mopar Perf. computer ecu change 318

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 14:01:50 EDT

Mark, I changed over to the 180 thermostat when I installed the MP SBEC
just to be sure that I'd have no problems. THree years later and no
problems! I love the computer and what it does for the performance and
how it allows other mods to work better. I also have the Autolite 3923s
and they work fine.

If I were going to do some heavy duty towing, I would stick the stock
SBEC back in. It's quick and easy. Why risk potential damage by not doing
it?

Richard in San Antonio
'95 318 CC, MP SBEC, JBA Headers, F&B Ported & Polished TB, K&N FIPK,
Gibson 3" catback, Hellwig rear anti-sway bars, DDBC, double spring
clamps by JS, MP Sure Grip, TransGo Shift Kit, 180 thermo, brass cap &
rotors, etc

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:04:36 -0700 "Mark " <mschmitty@my-deja.com>
writes:
> I just installed a mopar computer on my 95 dakota 318. I know it
> states not to tow and to only use premium fuel. Does anyone
> recommend using a 180 stat and also the 3923 autolites with the
> computer? Or should I just run the stock 195 and regular champions
> or autolites? Is it really nessasary to put my stock computer back
> on if i'm only towing 2000 l.b.s.? Thanks for your help!

> Before you buy.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.