defeating factory speed limit

From: Jeff Crook (Jeff.Crook@ecitelebn.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 13:52:15 EDT

I found a web site selling a module to defeat the factory speed limit
This module is wired to Ground, 12 Volts, and Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal
the unit installs by cutting the V.S.S.S. wire, and feeding the signal thru
 this box, so that you give a false speed signal to the PCM.
This looks fine, except for those of us with the 45rfe tranny, which has
a TCM for the transmission, which also gets this signal.
Should we give a false signal to PCM and TCM, or just to PCM?
Does anyone know if the Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal is a DC voltage,
or is it pulsed information?
Maybe we can figure out how to build our own and save some money.

http://208.55.129.86/wrigh82.html is the web site

Jeff Crook

Black 00 CC 4.7 auto 2wd 3.93 LSD gears
Kenne-Bell Supercharger 6 1/2 lbs boost
K & N filter, 180 thermostat, Autolite 3923 plugs
Mobil-1 Synth in engine, Amsoil Synth in Rear end
Fittipaldi "Tubolare" rims, Bridgestone Potena 255-50ZR17 tires
Hotchkis suspension, w/ Bilstein shocks
Reflexion Cowl-Induction hood, Street Scene grill and valence inserts (powder coated black)
Mopar fender flares,Tinted windows, Painted Pin-Stripes, Vent-Visors, Misc other visual stuff