RE: RE: Hello

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 17:26:49 EDT

I have a QC and a Snug Lid so I know they make them. It comes painted the
same color as the truck. Paint's warranted for life. It has the clamp
mounts so you don't have to drill into the truck. Get it carpeted
underneath. Looks a lot better. All told, it's ~$850. Go to
http://www.snugtop.com and contact them. They will give you a dealer in
your area.

If you're buying two trucks, you have a lot of bargaining power. Getting
one extender is a piece of cake. As for the mounting, you have to put the
tubes together, like doing Tinkertoys. You have to take the two bolts
holding the tie-downs off and put the bracket behind the tie-down and put
the bolt back on. If you want, there are two little straps you can screw
into the tailgate (you will have to drill holes for these). Those allow
your extender to be held down in the extended position. Unless you're going
to have something heavy bouncing against the Extender you don't even have to
put those on. They just keep the extender from bouncing up and something
flying out underneath it. The extender without those straps took me all of
5 minutes to mount. If you do drill the holes get some silicone sealer to
squirt in there. You don't want rust.

Line-X is pretty durable. I can't speak for any of the others except Rhino.
I checked into the Rhino liner and I didn't like the finished texture of it.
I guess it's a preference thing. If you're going to have a lid on it, make
sure when you do the spray liner you spray over the top of the tailgate. I
didn't and had to redo it. You don't need to go over the top of the rails
'cuz your top will be there most of the time.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile