V-6 acceleration--HELP!

From: Lofts24@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 21:44:32 EDT

I know this has probably been discussed before, but all of you with V-6's
(auto) is your throttle response seem...lacking? Whenever I floor it it
feels like I have turbo lag (but no turbo). Usually while in 2nd or 3rd I'll
floor it get no response for half a second then the RPM's shoot from
1500-2000 up to 3000+ and you feel the sudden surge of HP behind you. In a
V8 I've driven (Jeep Grand Cherokee) and a corvette, there's immediate
response--which is how it should be. Also, when traveling down the freeway
70+ and I get the need to floor it. It either takes longer to respond or the
RPM's don't shoot to 3500, it just slooowwwllllyyy climbs up to speed. Oh
yea, by the way, I have a stock auto V-6 (sport RC) and I've tried this w/
and w/o the A/C on. WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO GET IMMEDIATE RESPONSE, or can't
you with a 6'er??? Do I need a new PCM/rev limiter, I really want to fix
this w/o dropping a V-8 inside.

Nate
97 sport rc V6
Line-x 6-disc C.C. hard tonneau
and illegal headlight covers (MN section 169.64 sub. 10)