RE V-6 acceleration--HELP!

From: mark janke (sftvboy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 05:09:44 EDT

I think this is due to the fact that our power band is
different than the V-8, thats why we are more sluggish
out of the hole, a different torque converter with a
higher stall speed might help to overcome this as
would some steeper gearing. I own a CC V-6 and have
driven the R/T so I know exactly what you mean by
"turbo lag like".

-------------------------------------
I know this has probably been discussed before, but
all of you with V-6's (auto) is your throttle response
seem...lacking? Whenever I floor it it feels like I
have turbo lag (but no turbo). Usually while in 2nd
or 3rd I'll floor it get no response for half a second
then the RPM's shoot from 1500-2000 up to 3000+ and
you feel the sudden surge of HP behind you.
In a V8 I've driven (Jeep Grand Cherokee) and a
corvette, there's immediate response--which is how it
should be. Also, when traveling down the freeway
70+ and I get the need to floor it. It either takes
longer to respond or the RPM's don't shoot to 3500, it
just slooowwwllllyyy climbs up to speed. Oh
yea, by the way, I have a stock auto V-6 (sport RC)
and I've tried this w/and w/o the A/C on. WHAT'S THE
BEST WAY TO GET IMMEDIATE RESPONSE, or can't
you with a 6'er??? Do I need a new PCM/rev limiter, I
really want to fix this w/o dropping a V-8 inside.