Re: Glove Box Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 09:24:23 EDT

> Does anyone have a locking glovebox or center console on a Gen III Dak?
My
> dealer is telling me that DC doesn't make anything. I really like to be
> able to lock stuff away that i don't want my kids to get to.

Mark,
I know you wanted GenIII Dakota info, but all I can do is respond with GenII
Dakota related answers.......and hopefully it may give you some info to
consider. When I swapped out my bench seat for high back buckets from a 95
Dakota, I didnt want to use the center console which I also bought with the
seats. I mean the center console would have worked and all, but I wanted a
durable locking compartment in my truck for my CDs, handgun, wallet, etc. I
did A LOT of research and read just about everything I could get my hands
on. I did some measuring and based on the info I researched, I went with a
Tuffy Series II Lockable Series II Center Console. I think I paid around
$165 for it, but it is worth every cent. It is built very solid and the
power coated finish is durable and the color matches my interior perfectly.
Tuffy is a great company, and their customer service is outstanding. For
pics of my the Tuffy center console on my truck, check out Preacher's
website:
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/dakfriends.html

Tuffy's website: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/
Hopefully you have bucket seats and can add a center console. If not, Tuffy
also carries a wide variety of lockable steel boxes, which may suit your
needs. Possibly using one of their Universal Security Lockboxes or Compact
Security Lockboxes and bolting it down somewhere in your truck, possibly
behind the seat? Hope this has helped. If you need color swatches, Tuffy
will also send you samples. Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6