4.7L computer problem revisited

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 13:21:37 EDT

A few weeks ago I took my truck into the dealer to explain the problem I was
having with the PCM cutting fuel/ignition out under hot conditions after
shifting gears (5spd) (possible overheat??) Anyway, they gave me a Mopar
Co-pilot computer, hooked it up to the truck and told me if I could
replicate the problem to press the button on the thing so it could record
what was happening in the computer. The Co-pilot records 15 secs prior and
15 sec's after you press the button and can hold up to 3 recordings. So I've
been trying to replicate the problem for 2 weeks and can't get it to act up,
even went to the strip on a hot humid day and nothing happened. So I
disconnected it the other day, and said the hell with it. Well today, out on
the interstate on-ramp it did it again, so I open the glove box pull the
thing out, hook it up, and then slam the thing down into 3rd rev it to 5000
rpms and slam 4th and IT DID IT!! so I mash the button for the recorder!!
wait 30 secs, and did it again, I got 3 good recordings!! So now I'm going
to the dealer, hopefully tomorrow, to turn in the co pilot for them to
review. I hope they find something!!

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC
4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD, Homemade air intake,
T-Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1,Hoosiers
3" Flowmaster cat-back,14.48 @ 92.40 MPH
209.9 RWHP/285 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ