Re: Gas Line Antifreeze

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 19:10:50 EDT

> Have any of you cold-weathered folks used gas line antifreeze during your
> cold winter months? If so, what kind and how good was it?

Ron,
I live in Northwest Indiana, and we commonly see temps around 5-10 degrees
in the winter; I have experienced windchills down to -75degrees below zero.
I have seens winters where we get a total of 12 inches of snow and have seen
30inches fall in one day. My dad's Taurus this past winter had a frozen gas
line, luckily it was in front of the house. I have had good luck with a
fairly new product on the market, available at WalMart; typically only
during winter months though. About every other fillup I run a bottle of
Prestone's Gas Line Anti-Freeze/Water Remover through my truck. I like this
Prestone stuff because it also contains a fuel system cleaner. Not expensive
either, I think I paid $2.50 a bottle last time. Typically, I will just buy
10 bottles of this stuff and keep one handy in the truck's cab. So far I
havent experienced any hesisation during winter month statyups or had any
symptoms related to gas line freezing. Hope this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 128,500 miles