Re: Firestone tire recall data

From: Robertsons (jrobert@voyageur.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 21:36:18 EDT

The Firestone SS20 are not on the recall list! You shouldn't worry about
them. I have the same tires as you do and there some of the best tires I've
owned. I would know because I'm a auto tech at a tire dealer and one of our
lines is the Firestone. I agree that the truck tires (ATX,ATXII, and
Wilderness AT) do have a problem with tire separation but the passenger car
tires are some of the best quality tires on the market. Our tire guys have
mounted thousand on the passenger car tires on and we have very few warranty
claims as compared to the other brands that we carry. We have seen more
tire separation on Goodyear Wrangler truck tires that of the Firestone truck
tires but not a word from the media about them. It's amazing how the media
can blow something way out of proportion!

Dave R
92 Dak 5.2