Re: Computer fault code 3 - 7 ?????

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 09:14:40 EDT

At 07:43 PM 9/13/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I am getting a fault code of 3 - 7 which is for the Part throttle
>unlock selenoid driver circuit (auto trans only). This is on my
>95 dakota 318. Anyone know where to start? I am clueless on
>this one. I have no idea what this is or what it does.

Mark

As far as I can make out, the torque converter would locking up
in second and/or third gear causing this code to be triggered.
Corrective measures involves testing the solenoid (located in
the valve body of the transmission), the relay and the wiring
for continuity, shorts or grounds. Replace the solenoid and
the relay if they are faulty. Repair the wiring and connectors
as necessary. Sounds like a job for Mr. T (?).

Bob