RE: pricing a new dak

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 13:36:43 EDT

Too high. $100 over invoice max.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Christopher Saltsman
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 9:02 AM
To: DML
Subject: DML: pricing a new dak

I was looking at carsmart.com and decided to get a quote on a new dak..
here is the list and the reply from the dealer. Would this be a good
buy or not? Chris

Body type: Dakota quadcab
Drive train: 4x2
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Engine type: V-8 5.9 L
Exterior Color: Bright Silver Metall
Interior Color: Dark Slate Gray
  Anti-Lock Brakes
  Air Conditioning
  Alloy Wheels
  Am/Fm+Cassette
  Am/Fm+CD player
  Cruise Control
  Power Locks
  Power Windows
Comments: 3.92 rear axle, power mirror,limited slip, power
overhead cov.grp, H.D.
sevrice group, trailer tow prep, sport plus group,security system

Payment method: FINANCE
Down Payment: 2000
Trade-in: None

Hello chris, we received your e-mail from carsmart.com
regarding your purchase request for a dakota quadcab, thank you. I
would
like for you to know that that the truck you are inquiring about is not
available in a 5spd with the 5.9l v8 engine. so i'm quoting you a price
the
same truck with the 4.7lv8 w/5spd manual transmission with the options
you
requested. I'm selling you this truck for $23908 which is $600 over
dealer
invoice.