RE: Hotchkis dakota to be crushed

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 15:37:18 EDT

We have a '00 Suburban that I'm working on here at Georgia Tech that was
donated by GM. We and 14 other engineering schools are making
hybrid-electrics out of them. We took 1.5 seconds off the stock 1/4 time,
got 7 more mpg, and cut emissions by 87%, overall (NOx was cut 99!).
Anyway, GM won't crush these, but they'll issue scrap titles, store them,
and take apart the ones they like. We compete a second time next summer,
when we'll have an LS-1, supercharger, totally new injector setup, and a
200-ft-lb electric motor. I'm telling you, these things would make great
haulers with still better fuel economy if we just didn't want the LS-1 so
bad. We'll hate to see her go though.

Dak content : hasn't broken in 4 weeks, and still itching to run.

Crit