Re: strange electrical problems (kinda long)

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 20:12:48 EDT

Nick,

I had this same exact problem in my '99 Sport CC 4x4. The dealer could not
figure it out for the life of them! Finally when I decided to install the
factory power mirrors and harnesses (I forgot to order those w/ my truck!) -
I was finally able to fix the problem. Under the dash (both sides on the
bottom if I remember correctly) - there is a nut (or bolt) holding the dash
to the body of the vehicle. You may need to remove the kick panel to see
these nuts (one on each side of the dash). The kick panel is clipped on,
no screws or anything on it... Well my Dak was missing one of the bolts on
the passenger side, which caused that side of the dash bracket not to sit
firmly on the body of the vehicle. After putting a bolt in there nice and
snug - voila! Problem solved. No longer had the problem w/ the speakers
going out or the interior/cab lights staying on. I'm glad I no longer have
to mess w/ the parking brake or hit the dash!! I think maybe some wires
were grounded to the dash inside somewhere, and the dash was grounded
through the bolt holding it to the body. In the vicinity of the kickpanel,
there's also some other ground wires bolted to the body, might want to
check those too! Well anyway I hope this helps! If you need pics or
anything, to clarify this - let me know! Happy Dak'ing!

-Darren Asuncion (in Alaska)
'99 Intense Blue CC Sport +, 4x4, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55 lsd, 4wheel ABS
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html