Re: 24# injectors in!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 21:22:26 EDT

> I installed the 24# injectors this morning and ohmyghod, what a
> difference! With the PCM, QuickD intake and TB, 1.7 rockers, headers
> and 3" exhaust, my engine must have been starving for more fuel. I
> can't believe how much harder the truck is pulling now. The small
> amount of low end torque that was lost from the 3" exhaust and high
> flow cat is back, and then some. Less pedal gives more acceleration,
> no doubt about it. It felt strong at first, but as the computer
> relearned it got better. The pull is strong and steady, all the way
> through the powerband. No flat spots or problems I can feel. For
> anyone with a 98/99 R/T who has mods similar to mine, I highly
> recommend you contact Marren Motorsports and purchase a set of
> balanced and blueprinted 24# injectors for $280. It only took 45
> minutes to install them, and wow, worth every dime! One other thing,
> on the way home, cruising on the flat highway, the instant mpg on the
> computer was reading 25mpg, up from 17mpg. Now, either the computer
> is confused by the larger injectors, or I'm getting some terrific fuel
> economy! <grin>

Terry,
Good to know the install is fairly easy, it must be since it only took 45
minutes. I am getting some Ford Motorsport #19 matches injectors for my V6
Dakota within the next week. I am hoping to see some gains also with the new
matched injectors, especially since my truck's injectors are 130,000 miles
old. Hopefully the injectors will also help realize more gains with my
QuickD TB, Flowmaster muffer, full MSD and Accel aftermarket ignition, and
my recent homebrew cold air intake using a GenIII air hat. Unfortunately,
the #24 injectors would be a bit much for my current V6 needs, but the FMS
#19 matched injectors should be tons better than what my current injectors
must look like. Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6