Re: Transgo shift Kit

From: Scott Quaranta (mquarantaca@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 21:36:23 EDT

on 9/16/00 6:06 PM, jim miller at jim76712@swbell.net wrote:

>> I manually shift the R/T it pulls hard to 5500 and spins not chirps the
>> tires in second, in contrast if I let the trans shift it just chirps the
>> tires and it will chip the tires even at 3/4 throttle shifting @ 4000 or so.
>>
>> But how are the shifts at 1200-2000 at light throttle?
>
> If you installed the kit yourself. what was done to the valve body? No great
> detail.

No I am very mechanically inclined but I opted to have it done at a shop
that had done quite a few

the truck shifts early if you just cruise it and the tv cable is all the way
back......that is really what I dont like, I should have some adjustment
with the tv cable and I really dont if I ease up on it the truck REALLY
shifts early

I am going to talk to trans go on mon. again and have the tranny guy put a
very heavy spring in on the tv valve in side the trans which will make it
shift later, this was a judgement call by the trans shop to go in steps.

I paid what I think is top dollar to have this installed(465.00) and
Trans-Go claims that this kit will hold any RPM and thats not true right
now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Scott Q