Re: Intro to list and a few questions

From: Will (mgrwburns@macconnect.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 21:46:04 EDT

At 6:15 PM -0500 9/18/00, johnie bebad wrote:
>putting a r/t in a teens hand is not to bright..buy a used dak w/a 6 cyl.
>5spd..that away you can spin the tires all u want..your insurance would be
>around 3500 a year thru allstate here in louisiana thats if u can get
>insurance. r/t is labled sport truck in other words =sports car premiums..

Well, since you stereotype every kid as a chirp at every stop sign type
I'll explain...

I first drove my dads blown BBC chevelle when I was 10, granted it was in
the parking lot at his shop, but still, I drove it and got it up to a
decent speed. I first drove on the small back roads around here with my
dad in our wrangler when I was 12, I have been hooked since. My coronet
makes just a tad more power than an R/T (actually, about twice) and I have
yet to total/wreck/scratch/get a ticket in it. I am most interested in
the R/T for bracket racing and daily driver status so I can fix the darts
1/4s and keep it nice and paint my coronet without having to worry about it
being out every day. I am a very responsible driver (no tickets and no
accidents that were my fault [I had an SUV pull out in front of me while I
was driving my regal, http://www.willburns.com/pixr.html ) ] and none of my
cars have ever really been dirty, the dart gets washed every 2 days right
now because it's my daily driver (http://www.willburns.com/mopar) (for pix
of the dart )

Still think I want the R/T just for burnouts? BTW, I pay for all of my
toys myself, it's basically all I put my money into, I worked all summer
and took out just $50 total for spending money at carlisle (where I came
home with a plaque for jeep category)

-Later
Will (the mopar obsessed teen)