Re: Re: RE: Re: RT Question

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 10:01:48 EDT

At 09:00 AM 9/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
>yessir, that is my inclination as well... but as we all know the roller
>lifter is the weak link in the valvetrain, why would DC beef things up to
>turn it higher and leave the same ol heavyweight roller lifter in there?

If DC used the Magnum R/T cam (unannounced?), the roller lifters would
also be there because they come with the cam as part of the package.
With the MP retainers, pushrods (comes with 1.6 Al. roller rockers),
guides and valve springs added, I can see a 5500 rpm redline with
safe, consistent operation up to about 6000 rpms.

I think that I read that the R/T hp and torque were up but don't know
if it's in the 2000 or 2001 models. The figures (not huge ... about
15-25) that I saw would be in the ballpark with the cam and rockers.
The missing ingredient for a 40+ gain would be the hipo computer.

Bob