Re: Re:DML:some cops just appreciate a nice-sounding truck

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 11:44:26 EDT

I would appreciate not being judged. Feeling the pull of my engine above 75
for the first time on an empty highway that really nobody was daring to
drive that day--except for the cop going home--i don't care if you think
that's reckless. I had no trouble with the ice, it wasn't hurting myself or
anyone else; and you obviously don't live in rural Indiana. Blasting down
Main in C.P. at 60?! oh dear no... it's a broad 5-lane road. Again, nobody
on it or crossing except for those behind me. Grandma better find another
way across, she'd be j-walking because there are no pedestrian crosswalks.
Not to "advocate reckless driving," but I have never gotten into an accident
because i don't take risks. there is no rental vehicle on earth that's going
to replace my truck so an accident is not an option. If i pull a powerslide,
you better believe there's nobody around and i'll likely not leave the
paint... same for taking corners fast. If i speed, that's my business. I
dont' speed when others are not because i believe (as do most experts) that
speed does not kill, it's differentation of speed that kills. I don't drive
fast everywhere i go, but i've tore up some backroads in my time and i'm not
ashamed of it because it's that ability to control my automobile that has
prevented an accident of my own and many that would have been the other
person's fault.

So, back off.

Sean Bruckman