Barwick Dealer Blows, Update

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 19:40:28 EDT

Hello DMLer's again,

        I think most of you recall my trade-in problem with 5-star dealer in
San Juan Capistrano, Ca. I didn't include my original message because of
it's length, but if you want to review the message I posted it on my site at

http://www.geocities.com/woodrufj/dakota/barwick.html

        Barwick finally admitted they screwed up. It took about a week and
a half to reach a manager who realized how much trouble I could cause if
they didn't fix things quick. The result was them giving me the full retail
value of my trade in, which is $5500 instead of the $1700 "blue book trade
in value". I wonder who's going to get the blame when the owner sees they
lost $3800 to their own incompetence. Also to seal wounds they gave me a
voucher to always get a free loaner vehicle at least as nice as mine
whenever I bring my dak in for service. I think I'll be testing out a few
R/T's when I get my oil changed.

        Thanks for all the great help and responses, it's amazing how much
profanity you can get from a group of pissed off motor heads. And by the
way I still reported them to the DMV and Federal Trade Commission, they
won't forget this incident for a while.

Jay

Jayson Woodruff
The Boeing Company