Re: Why the stock 4.7 air hat is special

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 22:05:07 EDT

This isn't science fiction. The 'ram effect' is, and always has been,
accoustics and works just as I have written. People who think the ram
effect has something to do with a scooping in vast amounts of air with
a scoop or whatever don't have a clue. The ram effect is an accoustic
effect. It has been for decades and decades. Look at the stock 4.7
air hat. It has an accoustic chamber to lower the resonance. Do you
need an engineer to tune a guitar? Do you need an engineer to learn
the best throttle position for acceloration at various rpms? Why
would one need an engineer to determine if the butterfly had a decent
effect and to learn the best rpm crossover to kick it in? Just use
the oft referenced butt-o-meter as per norm or a g-tech.

They are not my ideas to knock, but I appreciate the sentiment.

I just put the idea out there. I leave it as an exercise for the
reader to find any value in it. :-)