Starter question

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 13:27:24 EDT

 A question for you guys with the 1st gen daks with the 318 and
automatic.(mine is a 92) Has anyone ever changed their starter? Do you
remember if the two bolts that mount the starter to the housing use any sort
of spacer/washer? My old starter has not been engaging properly. I took it
off, and it worked fine. I noticed that a couple of washers have always been
used. I'm wondering if these are misaligning the starter when it engages the
flywheel. Does anyone remember what the stock setup is in terms of nuts and
bolts and washers?
Tom(11s dak)