Re:Why the stock 4.7 air hat is special

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 18:01:48 EDT

Well, but when I first put it on it does seem to have a bit of a loss although
slight. In fact for the first day or so on my initial install was kinda
disappointed in the performance. But then it seemed to really start waking up,
to the point where it was nothing for that little 4.7 to smoke both rear meats
and they're 31x10.5 15's in a 4x4 Club Cab. It sure impresses me! But now
after having it off for a while and then going back to it the same thing is
occurring. Maybe its my imagination, I don't know. But the loss of power both
low and high end was very distinct when I went from the po-boy back to the
stock air intake. And who can argue with my observations when I use
scientific terms such as "wazoo loads" etc. ;-) Oh and Marty, your comment
about the PVC and possibly having it grenade in an accident sure got me to
wondering. I am looking to eventually replace the PVC portion of mine with
metal, but I went this route simply because I'm a po-boy!!! If I do it in
little stages I don't get any flack from the finance manager if ya know what I
mean.... since I have the K&N cylindrical filter already now I'm hoping I can
pick up just a metal tube or have one fabbed up for not alot of cash sometime
soon.