Re: 2001 DML calendar (how to submit your pics)

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 17:28:22 EDT

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Ryan Stewart wrote:

> Hey JON!! If I get a pic or two of my r/t doing a 20 or so foot burnout
> (that's the height of the smoke coming off the wheels) could I ge tin the
> calender??

  Well, it sure wouldn't hurt! :-) Another tip is to consider the
background as well. While the truck is the center of attention, an
ugly or boring background can detract from that. An example of
what I would consider to be an excellent calendar shot is the
October 2000 pic (http://dakota-truck.net/stuff/calendar/2000/)
The combination of the burnout, the rustic barn in the background,
the fall leaves... good stuff. :-) Of course, if the smoke is 20'
high, it probably IS the background, so you don't really have to
worry about it! ;-)

  Feel free to send 'em in! The more the merrier! :-)

   I should mention this again, just so there isn't any confusion:
The DML as a whole will be deciding what pics make the cut. My
job is to collect the contenders, set up the voting page, decide
what months the winners go on, and put the calendar together in
general, but it will be the DML who will decide which will be
the top 12 photos. (By voting for their favorites on a web page.)

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'