Re: Speeding ticket

From: s_villaire@yahoo.com
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 18:39:36 EDT

David,
I got a speeding ticket a few years ago. (I also live in MI) in court the
cop stated that he used a calibrated radar gun to measure my speed. I was
basically screwed. I eventually got the ticket taken under advisement,
meaning that if I kept my nose clean for 6 months they would drop the
ticket. I still had to pay the fine, but didn't get any points on my
record. I don't know if this will apply to you though, because you don't
have your full unrestricted license. Just hope the cop doesn't show up!

Shawn

00 CC 4X4 Sport, 4.7l, flowmaster cat-back, k&n homebrew open air filter,180
t-stat, Autolite
3923's,Jet Stage II, more to come.... www.2000blackdak.homestead.com

Don't know about your state regulations on the Radar...but in CA, they're
required to calibrate the Radar Guns EVERY DAY that they use them and keep a
log of it. If the log shows not to have been calibrated within 24 hours of
your speeding ticket (with radar) you can have it dismissed.

That was the rules back in the early to mid 90's and I don't think they've
changed them. (At least I hope not...for our sake.) :)

- Bernd