Re: Installing Mopar valve covers

From: Scott Quaranta (mquarantaca@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 20:10:48 EDT

on 9/21/00 4:51 PM, Jeremiah Siembida at hemimopar426@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hey all,
> I am a lurker, and don't usually post much, but I am FINALLY getting around
> to installing my cast alum valve covers *MP P4876041*. Are there any things
> I should know before cracking the seal on the OEM ones? Any roadblocks,
> tips, tricks? I also will be installing my MSD SuperConductor wires next
> week, when I get them from Summit. That's a no-brainer. Any info will be
> appreciated!
> Dax 4Ever!
>

> Mopar or Nocar!
> Black 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport, Club Cab
> 4X4, V-8 Magnum
> Tearing up North Dakota!
> Autolite 3924's
> MSD 6AL/Blaster 2, K&N filter, Mopar Performance
> P4876138 High-Performance computer,
> Mopar Performance exhaust
> P255-70R-15 BFG Radial T/A's
> 'BAD AD2D' License plates:)
> The SlickBlackDak :)
> Sure Grip diff maybe soon!
> 'PROZAK' on the drawing board...

> http://profiles.msn.com.

I also am installing a set of the mopar valve covers, my set has "2" oil
filler holes.

I ordered a mopar part# today that comes with the extra filler cap and
chrome bolts($8.25)

Has anyone seen this, my truck has a treaded cap and the mopar covers have a
twist and lock cap so the cap off my stocks wont fit.

Scott Q