Re: Trailer hitches

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 17:09:07 EDT

> I have 2 Questioms for you all....
> 1) did Dodge change anything in the back of the Dakota on the frame to
> where the reciver hitch mounts? will the same hitch fit Gen I,II,III
> trucks???
> 2) Does anyone on the list have a reciver hitch they would like to
> sell?? i dont want to spend any more then a total of $75+ shipping for
> just the hitch($100 for everything)
> if so e-mal me off the list...thanks

Check out either JC Whitney or Northern Tool; typically they both sell Class
III hitches for $99.99.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/
http://www.northerntool.com/
I bought my first hitch from JC Whitney, which is a Hidden Hitch a was very
pelased with it. After I was rear ended 3-4 times, the last accident really
took a toll on the hitch, and was replaced under the guys insurance with a
Reese. I really dont think the hitches are interchangable, especially with
GenIII trucks.
Hope this helps. Also, check on ebay or do a search on the internet for
hitch, or towing accessories.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6