Re: MSD choice

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 19:48:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/00 8:27:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<< Let's see the results. Dyno Charts, monthly mileage reports (documented at
 each fillup or course), etc. >>

Not a Dyno fan, my results are track testing which shows a consistent .2 and
2mph loss with MSD on the motor. I have the MSD hooked up with a relay and
switch and keep the MSD off when on the motor. Have to run it on the juice
for the retard. I have made several runs with and without with consistent
results. I have made 2,3,4 runs switched made 2,3,4 runs and switched back.
Gas milage I cannot vouch for I have only filled it up once in the last
couple of years, went to Canada april 1 to race with Bob and had 3 or 4 runs
on the track in that tank full and did not fill it back up since, keep it
below a quarter for less weight. But I could also feel the difference on
hills. Off the MSD a particular hill I travel on each race night I can make
all the way 60 mph or so and never shift down, stays in OD where on the MSD
will slow and usually shift down part way up ???? Why ? I have no idea and I
have tried everything MSD told me to try with no improvement, even replaced
the MSD 6A. Also seen the similar case at the track on a 96 with the Jacobs
??? But I am certainly happy for those who spent the money and have had good
results..

Bill