Went '01 Shopping Today (Little Long)

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 05:31:49 EDT

Well L.J., you took long enough to reply, lol!! Anyways, we (me, Dave,
Sally, and Mom) just got back from dealer and internet hunting in
Ventura County. I was armed, ready for battle, I had all my ammo in a
manila folder, ready to fire away on a moments notice. Westoaks in
Thousand Oaks didn't wanna deal with me, their attitude was "These are
hot sellers and we know we can get what WE want for it so see you
later". Fine, later a$$holes. Went to Crown in Ventura. He's trying to
put me in a '01 Club Cab 2wd twin to my '97 being white and all, but
with a 4.7 auto 3.55 posi and just about (not quite) everything on it.
Nice, very quick and tempting, but I wanna Quad Cab 4x4. I drove the '01
4x4 at Westoaks, it seems like they sit a little higher than earlier
years. Rides nice!! Seems more "tighter" than my '97 when it was new.
This one had 265-70-16 tires. The Garnet Red with the Taupe interior
looked real sweet. Nice big HVAC knobs, and the dash design is simple,
clean and functonal. Looks like I'll be going to Redwood City for my $99
over invoice which is a sure thing, ordered just the way I like it, but
it's a 5-hr drive!!.
   Also, many thanks to Dave and Sally Johnson, they ran around with me
all over Ventura County, bought me dinner, and filled my tank (btw, I
averaged 18mpg on that tank, it was combined city/hwy). Words can't
thank them enough. I gotta repay them somehow. They really went out of
their way for me.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 3.9L V-6, 160hp Soon to get the Fabtech
treatment!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts