RE: New engine is now in the Dak, pictures. (kind of long)

From: Robert Meredith (rmeredith@pa.net)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 22:17:06 EDT

WHAT engine is that? a 426?... :)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Mark Kuzia
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2000 7:31 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: New engine is now in the Dak, pictures. (kind of long)

I have to tell you guys (and gals), the reason that no one has seen my
Dakota lately is that it was undergoing a secret project. Now I can reveal
it without fear of any one doing it before me.

I was at the Ramchargers in Livonia a few weeks ago and had an idea. (!)

Right before I left, I stopped to ask how much that Mopar crate engine by
the door was. The more I taked to the guy, (he used to race a 68 Hemi Cuda)
the more the gears started turning. Half an hour later I whipped out the old
Visa Platinum and bought the crate engine. Installing it was VERY difficult.
I had to fab up a set of custom solid motor mounts front and rear and make
an adapter for the 5-speed (probably will not last too long under all that
horsepower).

Next was the fuel system, I had to pull all of the factor system and install
a 22 gal cell with 2 Holley 110gph electric fuel pumps allong with an engine
pump also. I had to run a 1/2" line all the way to the front also. The
computer system will have to go also.

I still have not fired up the engine yet. I need to have a set of custom
headers built, but should be easy because there is a lot of room in there
still. I also need to hook up the carb linkage too.

Anyway here is the link to my fresh engine, I thought you might like to see
it. It is not done yet, I will have it running next weekend.
 http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/hemidak.jpg

Mark Kuzia :-)
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 10.29 @ 149.52 mph
472ci, 505hp, 5-spd, 4.56 LS, Blow-hot air

Toto...... were not in Kansas anymore!

I THINK IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM.

HA, HA, HA, HA!